Friday, February 13, 2009

It's Valentine's Day...

We're geeks at heart! (source)

Happy Valentine's Day!

I like this holiday, despite it's creation by the greeting card company. And this one is shaping up to be a pretty good one. There are a few things I'd like to blog about that pertain to this V-day.

First, this is a really special Valentine's day for the Waterbabies. It's our first married Valentine's Day! Yay! I am so excited about the card I purchased for Mr. WB. It's from Hallmark but I didn't mind spending a little extra for such a great card. Unfortunately, I sealed the card before I got a good picture of it. :( We'll see if I can snap a photo when he opens it. I added the card to a little bag with a Starbucks card and my traditional V-day gift to Mr. WB...new boxers. The perfect mix of practical and sweet. Like him!

What are we doing to celebrate you might ask? For lunch I snagged this easy, and tasty, recipie for Tomato Basil Bisque and heart-shaped grilled cheese sandwiches. I'm excited I'll be making it all from scratch, it'll be yummy! And later today we're going to watch the Amgen Tour of California. I am really excited to see Lance Armstrong, Levi, George Hincapie and all the other cyclists do their thang on the street's of our Capitol. My Dad religiously watched the Tour de France since before I can remember and devoured It's Not About the Bike during his fight with Colon Cancer, so I will be forever grateful to Lance for helping and inspiring my dad throughout his struggle.

I think that'll be out day, the rest of it will be very quiet...maybe we'll make dinner together later? It's still up in the air. Until later, I'll leave you with one of my favorite Valentine poems from when I was a child. It's from a book by Jack Prelutsky.

It's Valentines Day,
and in the street
there's freezing rain,
and slush, and sleet,
the wind is fierce,
the skies are gray,
I don't think I'll
go out today.

But here inside,
the weather's warm,
there's no trace
of wind or storm
and you just made
my morning shine -
you said you'd be
my Valentine!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, I just saw your PM. I must have been in la la land.

    ReplyDelete