Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Game night!

We had friends over the house on Saturday evening for dinner and a game night. Having a full house was so much fun. A great set of coworkers came over to spend some time with us...Minna, her husband Jason and Jason's brother Andy all came bearing fun games and lots of conversation. Minna and Jason are expecting a baby at the end of March so with all the preparation they have left, this might be the last opportunity to have them over as a family of two!

I stretched my entertaining/cooking muscles as I made the whole meal from appetizer to dessert. The menu was pretty straight forward. We had Crock-Pot lasagna, a salad (which had a romaine and spinach base with garlic croutons, but I added slivered almonds, bell peppers, pomegranate arils and a vinigarette dressing. So yummy!), garlic bread and apple crisp for dessert. The lasagna recipie is a favorite in the Waterbaby household (I've shared it with a few friends and have heard nothing but rave reviews), but it makes such a large quantity we only make it with friends or when we're REALLY hungry! :) I guess I was so busy being a chef that I forgot to take pictures of the food...the table setting will have to do!


We had to squeeze one extra chair at the table but I don't think it mattered much. By the end of dinner, everyone had a full belly. Then it was onto game time. We decided to start out with a game that everyone could agree on, especially the engineers and accountants among us! :) Monopoly! I got to be the race car and Mr. Waterbaby was the moneybags...sounds about right! Haha! Andy won buy getting two sets of properties and upgraded to hotels right away lucky guy. Everyone was bankrupt soon after that. Wop-wop!






After that game I slid dessert into the oven (apple crisp...yum!) and we got started on a fun card game that everyone could agree on. We played Egyptian Ratscrew and Slapjack The games were a great interlude right before we ate that scrumptious dessert (if I do say so myself, haha, I had two pieces) and then we lingered over coffee and water and great conversation.



It was totally awesome to have friends over for such a fun evening. We got to talk about upcoming plans for the baby and what they, as new parents were most excited about. It gives these Waterbabies lots to think about! A few of us at work are planning a fabulous baby shower for this great couple and I can't wait to see the nursery the parents-to-be have been getting ready...I know their baby girl will be totally precious!


No comments:

Post a Comment