Thursday, January 19, 2012

Tale as old as time...

On this first rainy evening (of many so I hear) my friend and I went back to our childhoods for a couple of hours. We went to go see Beauty and the Beast In 3D!! Last year Disney released The Lion King which was so fun to see again on the big screen, so I was ready for round 2.

Since the hubby was out at dinner with the big boss, I decided to take myself out for a treat too! My friend wasn't going to be able to meet me until later, so I decided I wanted some nice warm soup and ended up at Panera Bread Co. Yum-o! Then I headed to the theatre.

As an aside, can you believe 13.50 for ONE 3D ticket!! Highway robbery, I tell ya...
 
It was awesome! The 3D graphics made the movie look so real. Although they didn't add in any of the new songs we saw on the DVD, it was still updated and fresh. Also, surprise! The only other people in the theatre were some old family friends. It was the weirdest thing to know every person in a HUGE theater room. (You can kinda see them behind us in the cool shot of us with our glasses on.) It was a really fun girls night and I loved to see a show that I remember seeing at the movies the first time around! Hope you all get to catch this show before it goes back to the Disney vault, or something...


P.S. I still think I like the Beast better before he was human.  He's not really my ideal looking kinda guy...good thing he's rich I guess!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment