Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dinner is Served!

So, in order to start on one of my goals this year I made dinner for the mister and myself using an entirely new (to me) recipe: Steak with Mushroom sauce. It turned our pretty yummy and was actually pretty easy to make. I used NY Strip and I had the butcher at Safeway trim the fat for me so I didn't have to touch it until it was cooked. (I have this weird thing about touching raw meat, it's gross, so I just don't :)) Anyway, as you can see in the picture, I paired it with caesar salad, a warm fusilli side from Trader Joe's (it's has zucchini, yellow bell peppers and cherry tomatoes) and LOTS of the mushroom sauce. Oh, and a glass of wine! It was really yummy and got two thumbs up from Mr. Waterbaby, gotta love that!




Something I've learned over the last few years? Cooking for a "little" family of two is much easier to do when you get home in the early afternoon. I felt so much more inspired and willing to try new and different recipes when I wasn't already starving! I wasn't looking for the quick fix, I could put more thought into what we were putting into our bodies! I'm hoping to get lots more cooking done in the month of February when I'm home early everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment