Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012: the year of Baking, Books and Shows

Christmas has come and gone and thanks to some very generous loved ones, 2012 will be so exciting.

We received (amongst other fabulous things) a couple pairs of tickets to shows and musicals for the coming year.  I am so excited to use them in the coming weeks and months and try to get some culture forced into that hubby of mine! :) Our first show will be on Monday. We'll be attending Mythbusters: Behind the Myths Tour with Mr. Waterbaby's bromance and a co-worker and her husband. I'm so excited. I'll be back with a review in a couple of days...

A goal I set for myself this year, is to do more cooking and baking. I already started working on the baking half earlier this week, when I made Carrot Cake Cookies.  They were a total hit with the mister and with his co-workers, as I sent him to the office with a dozen and a half.  Apparently they were gone before lunch and by all accounts were pretty scrumptious.  As for the cooking, I really want go get into the habit of creating yummy, healthy meals for my husband before we have children because I know once there are kids in the picture, it won't be so easy. One of my friends is setting a goal of three new recipes a week.  That's a little too ambitions for the likes of this Waterbaby but I can handle two or three a month, and I really want to learn to love cooking (even if I HATE the cleaning part!)...

Finally, if you know me at all, you know if I'm not watching TV, I'm reading a book...or two.  My boss and I have even set up our own little book club (if you can have a club of 2).  Thanks to some gentle prodding I have joined a website called Goodreads, a place where you can list and rate the books you have recently read and find new books to add to your virtual bookshelf.  I am always looking for new recommendations on what to read so this sounded perfect! The goal for this year is 112 books in 2012. We'll see how well I do..


No comments:

Post a Comment