Monday, January 19, 2009

The Obama Nation

(source)

Yes we can! I am so uplifted to live in this nation today. I watched all morning with tears of joy running down my face. His daughters looked so proud of their daddy and his wife...I don't think you need to be a wife to understand how proud Michelle must be today.

I am proud of us as well. Of a nation that just four years ago we were so unhappy with and its process that didn't listen to its people. Well, it worked this time! It is so amazing to me that the day we have been waiting for, for 120 days is finally here. That finally we are being led by a smart man, a man that won an election after hard work and NOT through friends in high places.

My daddy would have loved to be here today and he was here...I saw him. I saw him in our new President. That wink he gave his kids, his soothing yet strong voice...I remember that. I can't wait to see where this man who reminds me so much of my Dad (a man I miss so much) will take our country. I can't wait to see what the next four (eight, I should say!) years will bring for this amazing man, his family and and our great nation.

Yes we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment